School of Applied Human Sciences
- Akintola, O. (2011). Principal Investigator: Home-based care organizations’ experiences of accessing resources. (National Research Foundation)
- Akintola, O. (2012). Co-Principal Investigator. Bringing African scholarship to teaching and learning in health and wellbeing. A pilot project to explore feasibility of establishing the first African Journal of Health and Wellbeing. X 1 year
- Akintola, O. (2012). Principal Investigator. Community AIDS care, unemployment and poverty: Experiences of caregivers in the skills training of the Expanded Public Works Programme in South Africa. College of Human Sciences Strategic Grant x 1 year
- Akintola, A. (2013). Principal Investigator: Students and lecturers’ perception of teaching and learning in a large class environment: the case of Psychology Research Honours and Research Project modules X 3 years.
- Buitendach, J. (2011). Blue Skies (NRF).
- Buitendach, J. (2011). Thuthuka (NRF).
- Buitendach, J. (2012). UKZN Strategic Funding.
- Collings S: NRF Rated researcher grant 2011-2015
- Govender (2011-2012). UKZN grant for supervision of post-doctoral researcher
- Govender, K. (2011-2013). SIDA Planning Grant on Health Systems and Chronic diseases with HIV/TB as a focus (PI), Collaborator, University of Gothenburg Sweden
School of Education
Project leaders: Dr Kathleen Pithouse-Morgan (UKZN), Prof Thenjiwe Meyiwa (DUT), Prof Theresa Chisanga (WSU), Dr Delysia Timm (DUT) The Transformative Education/al Studies (TES) project was...Read More
NRF-funded research project Principal investigator: Dr Nyna Amin School of Education One of the most critical challenges facing South Africa in the post-apartheid era is...Read More
Rural School-Children Speak (RuSCS): The School-Children Narratives Of A ‘Caring’ School In Rural Contexts Of Lesotho And South Africa.
Fumane Khanare The proposed study is located in debates emanating from the research focus referred to as “Rural Education”. Rural education is an area of...Read More